Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Driven To Distraction

Exactly where is “Distraction”? I’ve been driven there many times, but I just can’t locate it. Tried my National Geographic atlas, to no avail; ditto the Merriam-Webster Geographic dictionary. Even tried Weather.com to see what they offered; again, zilch. It sounds like some forlorn miner’s camp in Alaska, like Coldfoot or Deadhorse.

What sort of a vehicle is a Dudegon? Especially a High Dudgeon? I’ve heard reports of people leaving in one, but never actually saw the thing out on the street.

I also wonder about what type of hole you would need to lower your expectations. Do you lower them into a pit, or something you have dug yourself?

My mother was a High Episcopalian, despite being of average height. Or, she went to such a church which, as I recall, wasn’t much taller than any other house of worship.

One of my relatives must have been hauling ice, because I heard he gave someone the cold shoulder. Or was it an icy stare?

Do you need to have an exceptionally long tongue to give someone a tongue-lashing?

How can you end up with egg on your face, when there is none in sight?

“You are a chicken” is a mis-identification, but “you are chicken” is an insult.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly where is “Distraction”?

Well,since I've retired and if I am doing something and all of a sudden something neater shows up, what I WAS doing now becomes a distraction.

A positive distraction could be, for example, say that I am wiping dishes and out of the blue I have to use the bathroom.That is a positive distraction.

A negative distraction is while I'm using the bathroom, reading the paper and I hear,

''Hurry up, if you think I'm going to dry those dishes, you're mistaken.''

................Exit 318

January 13, 2011 4:41 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

louboutin shoes
coach outlet online
nike requin pas cher
ralph lauren uk
nike tn pas cher
cheap jordans
true religion jeans
ralph lauren outlet
yeezy shoes
louboutin shoes

June 27, 2018 11:11 PM  
Blogger jsminemie said...

https://twinoid.com/user/9854095
https://www.spreaker.com/user/mikewil879
https://letterboxd.com/mikewil879/
https://hinative.com/en-US/profiles/4751278

July 03, 2019 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home