Friday, September 28, 2007

When One Door Closes, Another Opens

I had a car like that once.

Here’s what happened: I was going to take a cruise next October to the Caribbean. Not my favorite spot, but it’s a cruise, it’s easy to catch from here, and it’s on Holland America Line. I sail on no other, having mated for life.

I’d much rather take their New England / Canada cruise, but it’s more difficult to reach the port of departure and somewhat pricey. None the less, my favorite and I miss it, having booked the Caribbean three times. Of course, going south in the open ocean is a lot rougher and I like that.

Anyway, back to what happened: The ship has been re-deployed to the Caribbean starting with the very cruise upon which I was booked. It was coming back from Europe and, instead of heading for NYC, it’s going to Fort Lauderdale.

Me? Instead of heading for NYC, I’m going to Boston.

The advantage is that it’s not only three days longer, but it’s also a back-to-back (b2b, in cruise talk) and in Montreal, I watch 99% of the passengers head for the buses while I get ready for another leisurely week at sea.

When one porthole closes, another opens.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to work it out. And an extra thre days, to boot! That's good. :)

September 30, 2007 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home