Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fly The Friendly Skies

This is being written on the 22nd. Believe me, I’d rather be up-to-date, but things happen.

I had an incident at the Montreal airport. Stupid security inspectors, crabby customs people, bad scene all over. More power than brains. That was the last time I set foot in an airport or my rearside in an airplane seat. I just do not need to put up with that.

So now I cruise in such a way as to return to my port of embarkation. The boomerang voyage. I leave Boston, go where I wish, and return to Boston. No airport searches (empty your pockets, go through the gate, patdowns, or humiliating nude screenings).

No more “can’t take that half-empty bottle because it’s more than three ounces,” no more overkill under the notion that it’s going to keep us safe.

The result? Ok, I pay for a round-trip from Boston to Montreal and back to Boston. Pretty expensive way to avoid airports (and, for that matter, a city I can’t stand for other reasons than snotty airport people). But I learned that a round-trip cruise is far better than just seven days on the ship.

I don’t pay to bring a bag with me, to get an aisle seat, to get a preferred row in coach (I never thought there was such a thing) and several other fee-based services you never thought they’d come up with. On the ship? “Waiter!”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over the counter medication, Enzyte, could put an end to humiliating nude screenings.

August 23, 2010 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Planning a trip to the Carib and I told the T.A. that I want a flight out of here, (Québec City)to a destination in the Islands, NO stops in the U.S.. Ok it might not be the Island of my first choice, but I have been crossing the borders now since 1959 and I am sick of the treatment, sick of being a puppet to a bunch of power abusers who push you to the limit.

Exit 318

August 25, 2010 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home